Friday, February 19, 2010

Baby Preparations

So much to think about; so much to do.

The baby is due March 7: 16 days from now. We have a ratified contract on a house on 68th Ave, east of Capital Plaza Mall. We're figuring out the sellers' legal issues before scheduling the inspection.

I'm expecting the baby to come before we close on the house. So, I'm getting organized. Things to do: We're going to take down the crib and put up the bassinet and the glider-rocker. I'll also pack my hospital suitcase and install the car seat in one of our cars. Steve will put on the replacement side-view mirror that we just received (someone smashed the previous one after the snow storm).

I had my second baby shower and still did not get any diapers, so I'll just go ahead and buy those this weekend along with other things that I still need: diapers, wipes, rash ointment, bras, nursing pads, nipple cream, breast pump, bottles, pacifiers, baby record book, massage oil, and new age CDs.

I'd like to get an eye doctor's appointment and a dentist appointment in. I also need to get some more quarters for laundry.

I've pretty much finished what I wanted to get done at work before my coworkers take over for me. I'm still trying to get my donated leave pool set up for me to use for the 6 weeks after the birth since I don't have enough sick leave saved up to cover that. After that, I plan on staying on part-time from home working 1 hour/day or so.

Latest health info: everything's good, except that the baby is posterior. So, I should be expecting to have back labor when the time comes: ow. Apparently I'm still vomiting occasionally (1/month) as I threw up Wednesday night's dinner. I've gained 22 lbs so far this pregnancy.

4 comments:

Lissa said...

oh man, I had diapers in the cart and then took them out because I wasn't sure what brand you would prefer!! (and yes, it DOES matter with diapers...I am a loyal LUVS mommy) Anyway! things are coming together nicely and you look so darn cute in that photo!

Cindy said...

You won't want cloth diapers until you have a washer that you don't have to feed quarters to. Don't buy too many small ones because you will be amazed at how quickly they grow. I had fun at the shower and hope you did too.

Karen said...

That's true. We only used one pack of newborn diapers with each baby because they grew so quickly they were in the next size. Wow! I can't believe only sixteen days! You'll do great.

Wendy K said...

I plan on having a 7 1/2 lb baby and newborn diapers are for up to 10 lbs, and people say that they use 12 diapers a day at first, so that would be 84 diapers a week, or one pack. For two weeks, I think I would need two packs? Baby shouldn't be expected to gain more than 1 lb in the first 2 weeks.