Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Snow-mageddon"


A tree hit our apartment building in Greenbelt, MD around 8am Saturday morning but went through someone else's windows. Our power went out around 9am. Steve decided that we should escape for the day because we wouldn't be able to cook anything without power. Steve's parents came with their Explorer and picked us up. Yay! We spent a lovely day and night at their house and are now ready this Sunday afternoon to return home and check whether the power is back on yet. We got 22-30 inches of snow. The men had been re-shoveling about twice everyday. Church for today was canceled for the whole stake.


We'll have to dig my car out so that I can go to my prenatal appointment tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

It was great having you over. I hope your power stays on for the next blast, but if not, give us a call. I'll get the Scrabble and Pit games ready to go.

Karen said...

Those are great photos. Good you got out while the power was off.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness, that tree! When we lived in the building at the corner of Parkway and Crescent, a tree actaully fell ON OUR CAR in a big snow storm (in 2005 maybe?). Those old trees can't hold up against the weight of the snow, I guess. I'm glad you guys got to escape at Steve's parents house!