Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Toxic Fridge from Hell

In addition to throwing up 1-2 times each day, I am unable to each or drink anything from our fridge. There is a weird chemical smell that is contaminating everything inside. The smell blasts through the apartment whenever we open the fridge. The bad taste is in all of the food and I can taste it even in the ice cubes. So, lately, I've only been eating toast and crackers and stuff.

Steve is somewhat skeptical about whether it is even a problem. I asked him to at least defrost the fridge and freezer last night to see if that helps. He didn't of course, so I'll have to do it after I return home from work and eat and rest for 20 minutes. I "googled" for some possible solutions. So, in addition to defrosting the fridge, I'm going to wash any mold from the drip pan, clean any dust from the coils, remove and clean behind the panels, etc. If none of this works, I'll tell management to get it repaired or get us a new fridge. I may also "google" the refrigerator model for any recurrent problems with this particular model.

3 comments:

Lissa said...

maybe you have a problem, but likely this is one more effect of pregnancy....taste and smell senses intensify...I still have aversions to certain kinds of ice cubes. Can you smell people who have recently visited a conveinence store...I used to be able to guess the store they had just come from! it's fun reading all your experiences with pregnancy!

Merinda Reeder said...

When pregnant, Clinton's mom would scream from another part of the house if anybody opened a can of tuna. She could identify it and start getting sick before the can was even fully open, up the hall and with a door closed.
I'd do about the same, with a bit less drama, regarding eggs when I'm preggers.
Good luck with the fridge.

Wendy K said...

Tuna is the only protein that I've been eating. I take my toaster to work and I put the plain albacore on a single slice of toast. I keep any opened tuna in the fridge at work. Still haven't been able to eat any veggies though.