Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Beach Trip Anticipation

The best time of the year is quickly approaching: our annual vacation to the beach house in North Carolina. This year, though, Steve's and my Florida trip in March may have been better than the beach house usually is. Well it was, at least, more relaxing and romantic. I'm surprised that I didn't conceive during that week instead. :P

Last year's beach week felt too short, so some of us are leaving a day early this time. Too bad that Steve can't go swimming yet because of his eye surgery. He hasn't much cared about swimming in the ocean these days anyways. He's getting old or something. As for me, swimming is my favorite part. Water feels sooo good on the skin. The sound and motion of the waves are very soothing too. The physical activity of treading the water also keeps me happy and not anxious or bored.

Steve and I have borrowed some library books to bring and read at the beach. Steve got some war history books for himself. I got a couple of Stephen King books. I'm going to start the Dark Tower series.

No comments: