Monday, September 28, 2009

4 Months Pregnant

I'm am at 17 weeks now. A couple people on Sunday actually saw a baby bump! Here are my thoughts so far:

I only vomited once last week. The disarray that our apartment is in is starting to get to me. I feel like I have no time for cleaning or for exercise. I basically put myself on bed rest as soon as I get home from work everyday because of how sick and tired I feel. I'm still struggling with having to be at work for 8 hours each day. I can't concentrate on anything anymore when I have to be conscious about how frequently I need to eat and drink. Today was the first day of work for two new people in my group. So, I definitely need to come in to work on time so that my office mate can get into the room before she gets her key.

I feel impressed that I should quit work after the baby comes, but I told my boss that I'm looking at just working part-time. So, that option is theoretically still on the table. I was thinking that I could try the part-time thing and if it doesn't work then quit. I'm just nervous about Steve's employment.

5 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Best of luck. Those are definitely difficult choices. We've been wrestling with those questions for 3 years and I'm finally quitting.

Sari said...

I know it seems risky, but if you feel good about it, you should listen and have faith. You will be blessed.

Wendy K said...

Wow Sarah: that's exactly what I needed to hear. Now I just need to triple-check for whether that's what Heavenly Father wants me to do.

Kim said...

Even if you decide not to go back part time, as long as you tell them you will come back part time it leaves the door open. Also, you might get some additional benefits by being on maternity leave as opposed to just resigning as you accrue leave time while they use your vacation and sick time. Also, if you have a flex spending account you can still use that, also, if your health insurance is through your company you won't have to use cobra as soon. This all of course depends on your company but check into it.

Wendy K said...

I don't know what a flex spending account or cobra is, so I probably don't have those. For my 12 weeks of maternity leave, I have to use my sick and vacation leave and once I run out of those I can use donated leave. I may be able to keep my health insurance as long as I keep paying for it, or we could get it through Steve's work instead.