Monday, September 14, 2009

15 Weeks Pregnant

I feel like my belly is bigger now but it's still not evident to other people. I plan to delay as much as possible getting maternity clothes. Most of my clothes were already too big since I've had to settle getting sizes that are actually sold in stores. I still can't distinguish an baby movements from digestive movements.

We camped on Assateague Island during labor day weekend. I vomited at a restaurant on the way there but not at all for the rest of the weekend. The next time I vomited was after I returned to work on Tuesday. So, I guess that work-related stress aggravates it. I'm not sure whether sleeping in and minimizing the amount of work that I do helps or not.

It appears that, for the past week, instead of throwing up every day, I've been throwing up every 2 days or so. So, I suppose that the sickness is slowly subsiding. I haven't expanded my menu of foods yet though. I hope that I'm not psychologically scarred by certain foods for the rest of my life like I had been with shrimp when I got food poisoning. I should expect not...

It's been Steve's job to do the dishes and cooking while I lay about feeling sick. Luckily, I will only eat foods that are easy to make like pastroni and corn dogs. But, no matter how much I'm laying about, I still sometimes throw up my meals.

The featured food of my latest dream is tender barbecued chicken.

The apartment had been a complete mess for my whole pregnancy until last Saturday when Steve and I spent a few hours folding laundry and clearing the table and floors off. It makes one more relaxed to spend time in a somewhat livable space. Perhaps next Saturday, we'll sweep and vacuum the floors and wipe down the bathroom.

I've also been getting urinary track infections, causing some extra discomfort. I still hate being pregnant.

I've lately been extremely grateful for my calling at church. I've been the pianist for the primary kids for two years and it keeps me more busy and distracted from my sick self at church than, I imagine, any other calling would for me.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I think when you see your baby for the first time, most of the thoughts about the discomfort of pregnancy will seem unimportant. Only about 5 more months to go!