Wednesday, September 2, 2009

13 Weeks Pregnant

Looks like they swapped doctors on me. The new one seems better though, so it's all good. I'm 13 weeks and 3 days pregnant today. I'm due on March 7th, but I'll be pessimistic and expect the baby to be born on March 28th, since both Steve and I were each born 3 weeks late.

Steve came to the appointment yesterday and was able to hear the baby's heartbeat. It looks like I've stopped losing weight as I've been 105 lbs for the past 9 days. I haven't been eating any better or vomiting less though, so maybe I've just lost most of the fat that I have and there's just muscle left or something. Yes, I have been taking and keeping down my prenatal vitamins. The doctor said that I should be drinking 10 glasses of water. How in the world... ?

I go to the Kaiser near PG Plaza, so after the appointment, Steve and I went to the movie theater. It is crazy that matinee tickets were $8.50 each and 2 hotdogs, 1 nachos, and a soda cost $20. Good thing that I had a plastic grocery bag with me in the theater because I had to use it. It's also a good thing that there were only two other people in the theater and we were seated far enough from them.

After puking a bunch of nachos and water, I was able to eat and hold down my hot dog and some more nachos and water. That's usually my routine when I eat anything solid. After getting rid of the first half, I'm good to eat the second half. It is aggravating when this occasionally happens twice in a day though and that it's been like this for 6 weeks.

Okay, so I'll be scheduling my big ultrasound for when I'm 20 weeks, and I'll take Steve to that. Even though I usually like to be surprised, I always wanted to know whether it's a boy or a girl ahead of time. This way, we'd only have to think of one name for him/her and people would know what kind of baby clothes to give us.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

The water isn't so bad. Just keep a bottle with you and drink or sip from it all day. Then just refill it as soon as you empty it. Not sure if you'll get the required 10 glasses, but I know I'm more likely to drink more water when I have a bottle nearby! Hopefully you can start the gaining weight process of pregnancy now. I really hope the vomiting will stop for you!

Wendy K said...

Yes I agree, a nearby bottle would have made me drink more. Though, these days, I need my water to be really cold.

Merinda Reeder said...

Oooooh I went to that doctor's office. Is your doctor the girl that's gotta be in her early 30's? I liked her well enough, but spent most of my pregnancy with a Nurse practitioner and there was a cultural gap. Did not like her so well. I switched to a midwife in the last trimester.

Wendy K said...

Yeah my new doctor, Dr. Solomon, seems pretty young, African American, long hair. The person that I was previously seeing left this center. She was an old, kind of grouchy, Indian woman.

Cindy said...

I wonder when you will begin to look pregnant. Keep eating.

Wendy K said...

you may notice at the beach this weekend

Lissa said...

I am not pregnant and eating hot dogs and nachos would have made me vomit!

Wendy K said...

Well I didn't eat any of the hot dog until after I vomited

Karen said...

I have always advocated finding out! I'm glad you are going to.

Alison said...

I'm glad that I can comment now.