Monday, August 17, 2009

Update #2

Yes, I am still losing weight as I am currently down to 108 lbs. But, don't worry: I still look relatively healthy. I am not skeletal or anything. By the calendar, I'm 11 weeks pregnant, so I still have at least 2 weeks until the end of my first trimester. I feel grateful that the 1-a-day vomiting isn't too bad and that I can still mostly eat and keep down relatively normal food.

My gratitude increases whenever I hear about people that have become really bad off. It is pretty terrible that other people's misery can make me feel happy! Sister Holder was telling me that one of her daughters got down to 75 lbs! And Steve told me that some guy at his work was telling him that his wife couldn't even keep down ice chips! She had to be hospitalized, of course.

I have a friend that told me that she didn't really get sick that often, but that it took her 5 years and 10 miscarriages before she could even have a baby. And the baby was born 6 weeks premature with a final hospital bill of over 6 figures! Steve has a cousin with a similar story. I feel so badly about these horrible experiences that many people have had and, at the same time, I feel so happy that I am well and that the pregnancy is pretty normal and so forth.

2 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

No, you don't look skeletal. You look pretty good. Take a good long look at your nice waist and stomach. Say good bye; that's going away pretty soon. :)

Cindy said...

I agree. You look healthy. About the nice waist--it's just going away for a vacation.