Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wet Grass


Crystal is 5 months old now. I am still breastfeeding her. Instead of cutting her off when she's 1, I kind of like the idea of letting her wean herself or stop whenever I'm pregnant again after she's 2. I hope that I won't be throwing up as bad during my next pregnancy because that was the worst.

I tried sleep training for one day and decided that I really love holding the baby all of the time. The sacrifice of hurting back is way worth the sweet closeness that I get in return. :) And, seldomly, if I put her down in an exact place at the exact moment and cover her with the blanket in an exact way, she'll dose off on her own. This has worked only a couple times so far but I'm eager to see her gently learn at her own pace how to fall asleep.

We've stopped looking for houses. Partly because the tax credit deadline has passed and partly because of our fear of being tied down. Also, I really love it in our small apartment in Greenbelt. I know that we can't live there as Crystal gets bigger, but I would like to move to something that's a lot like it where there are beautiful walking paths and a grocery store and bank within walking distance.

Speaking of the outdoors, Crystal seems to be fussy all the time unless we go sit outside and then she's the perfect angel. Lately, we've been spending a lot of time outside but the mosquitoes are killer, so I have to wear long sleeves and pants while we're out in the heat.

7 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Darling picture.
And I totally hear you. Nothing so sweet as holding your baby when she's snuggly.

Cindy said...

What a doll! Keep up the good work with that precious little one.

Michelle said...

Have you looked into buying or renting a GHI? Sometimes people rent them, but there are rules about that so it might be sort of hard to come by. Also, a few of the white brick apartments come with a patio/second bedroom if you find an available one you could stick with the environment you love but just have a bit more space!

Wendy K said...

A GHI seems to be outside of our budget at the moment but I do like the idea of moving into a bigger apartment in the same community. When Crystal turns one, I'll ask our manager to let us know when one is available.

Karen said...

That is the cutest picture!

Sari said...

There are a bunch of the nice big mobile homes in our community for sale....

Denise said...

this is one of the cutest baby pics I've ever seen.