Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gnarl slurp grunt


Lately Crystal has been crying whenever I don't let her grab food from my plate. I've given her a couple bites of oatmeal puree, but lately I've been letting her gnaw on some carrots. I think that I like the idea of letting her explore the texture of adult food and practice biting and chewing even though she hasn't any teeth. Don't worry, I keep a close eye on her and I won't give her something that she can totally fit into her mouth. It would be a plus if she is getting some nutrients from licking and biting the outside of the food, though, as she's not yet 6 months old, she doesn't need to actually ingest it.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks healthy to me. She's a cutie!!

Kim said...

When she can handle it try avocado slices, easy to hold and eat, and smash, loads of fun and healthy!

Karen said...

The book series Shayne and I are reading, Series of Unfortunate Events, has a main character who is a baby (Sunny Baudelaire) who has sharp teeth and loves to chew on hard foods like raw carrots. Shayne got a kick out of this picture of Crystal chewing a raw carrot like Sunny would do.