Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happiness at Work

Usually, I drive home from work feeling bored or anxious. I make progress on many things in a day but finish nothing. Sometimes when I actually finish something and it works, I feel like a genius for the rest of the day and night until the next day when I find a bug and realize that I'm not a genius after all. It wasn't really like that today though.

I have my own office and I usually work by myself. But today, I spent most of the day training one of my coworkers. It was a break from my norm and I really enjoyed spending time with another human being at work. I think that from now on, I want to spend more time hanging out with my coworkers at work instead of being by myself the whole day. It will give me a happier work day.

Another thing happened that made me happy today. On my way home from work, a lady asked me through our car windows for the way to New York Avenue. I actually could answer her question and it helped her. It made me happy. I love helping people! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! Florida!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you found a way to enjoy the day more. It's always better to look forward to work, than the other way around. I hope the days at work keep bringing you happiness.