Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Visiting Teaching


Emily and I are now visiting teachers! So far we have both visited Wanda and Kelly. Emily is a blogging maniac, so I've created my own blog to help feed her pregnant appetite for blogging and to encourage others' unhealthy internet habits.

Anyways, visiting teaching is great! I love visiting people! I love listening to all of the interesting events that happen to them. The more I listen, the better I can understand their feelings and the more connected I can be to them like I would be to a family member.

It's interesting to imagine myself as other people. I know how well I know myself and how I feel in this body and how my environment is in my little apartment with my handsomely thin, intelligent, and funny husband that I love so very much. It's crazy to imagine for a second that I'm that wrinkly black guy that I'm driving past and that he's an actual person with a real spirit and that he's having some sort of feelings about something at some moment.

I need to remember that that wrinkly black guy not just some person-shaped figure that my eyes see. Just because I'm the only person that I really, for certain, know actually exists, I tend to think that there are not any others like me. I know that this is false.

The closer that I become with other people, the better I know them and love them and the closer I get to experiencing what Christ and Heavenly Father feel for each person.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ha! You've joined the club. It's quite fun. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Luci said...

I've thought about this often, actually. Fun to read your own ideas about it. :)