Tuesday, January 5, 2010

7 Months Pregnant

Nine more weeks left until my due date. I just bought some maternity clothes from the thrift store. If any of you want to get baby gifts, please by all means give us some hand-me-downs rather than buying anything new. There are some higher quality clothing at thrift stores than at target.

My new nurse-midwife felt that the baby's head is down low with the the butt up high. My uterus measured at 30 cm which is good at 31 weeks. I haven't had any swelling and I don't have any stretch marks [yet]. Also, my nipples, apparently, are in good shape for breast feeding and that when I will breast feed that the baby's mouth needs to be over top of the colored parts too. We may go for a tour of the birthing center on Friday. Our Lamaze class starts this Wednesday.

My mom and I haven't had much of a relationship since she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia 15 years ago, but we got to talking a little the other day about pregnancies. I was asking her about her pregnancies and childbirths and I learned some things about her that I never knew.

She had vomiting and had bedridden herself in the first trimester just like I basically did. She said that she had figured out a painless childbirth method for herself that combined Lamaze, hypnosis, and new age music, and that she was willing to teach it to me. It's funny that I just assumed that she had epidurals like everyone else but I guess that her and I are more alike than I had thought.

Steve put his resume on monster.com and he got a call from some bank. I told him that he could have an interview with them anyways but maybe not take the job unless he's willing to have a career change.

We had Steve's parents over for dinner on Sunday and they thought that catfish is a weird idea but they were okay once they tasted it. It's been my favorite fish to eat this past month.

5 comments:

Karen said...

We bought so many of Shayne and Maya's baby clothes from the thrift store and they were practically like brand new. The babies hardly wear them before they are on to the next size, so they seem to be in great shape as hand-me-downs or from thrift stores usually.

Sari said...

Tom has a bag for you from a friend of mine from church, who got them mostly at the flea market down south, and they are in really nice condition.

Wendy K said...

Awesome!

Cindy said...

The catfish was great. I'm glad you are connecting with your mother at this special time in your life. I wonder why a bank wants to talk to a physics major. I hope Steve gets other bites from his monster.com efforts. I don't see him as a banker, unless its in their IT department. If that is the case it might be a good place to go.

Wendy K said...

The business/finance industry probably values anyone that can do math.