Monday, March 14, 2011

Crystal is One!


We had a little party on Saturday with Crystal's favorite friends and family members. It wasn't quite warm enough to have it outside, so we had the party inside and it was still a blast! Crystal had so much fun and also loved having extra time with her cousins for a few hours before the party and the previous evening.

I had never thrown a party for anyone before and I was totally stressing out about it all week long. I spent much of the previous day and that morning cooking and baking and I really enjoyed doing it. We made pita bread, bean dip, guacamole, hummus, yellow cake with chocolate frosting, and a banana cake with cream cheese frosting. Steve liked the bean dip, and my dad liked the guacamole. Crystal also loved the guacamole and the cake. My attempt at homemade hummus wasn't that good. I'll try to be more precise with making it next time. Also, the banana cake was awesome!

The right number of people came including 4 of Crystal's baby friends that she loves. The favorite toy was the dinosaur walker and she ended up with two of those, one from each set of grandparents!

Overall, I was satisfied with the outcome and happy that we did it. Even Steve expressed his appreciation to me!

2 comments:

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

What a fun party for such a precious little girl!!