Monday, December 14, 2009

Newborn Essentials

My baby shower(s) would probably be held in January/February, and I was thinking about ways that people can coordinate their gifts. Since not everyone lives near a Target, I don't think that a gift registry would be the best idea. Based on what I read on the internet, this is a list of things that I still need to have or borrow:

hundreds of diapers: disposable and/or cloth
infinite wipes
rash cream
baby first-aid kit
baby nail clippers
baby soap

nursing bras (my pregnant bra size is 36C, pre-pregnancy 34B)
nursing pads
nipple cream
breast pump: manual or electric
bottles
burp cloths

2 sets of crib sheets
swaddling blankets
pacifiers
baby monitor
bouncy seat

new car seat or combination car seat + stroller

4 onesies
4 pajamas
3 outfits
5 pairs socks/booties


If you get or promise something, reply to this post as anonymous and I'll remove/check the item(s) from this working list.

4 comments:

Lissa said...

it's to far away for me to commit to any one item...I think I'll wait and see what everyone else claims!

Cindy said...

Same for me, I'm having a hard time looking more than a few days ahead right now. Getting a registry at Target isn't a bad idea though since almost everyone can order on line and we can see what kind of things you like.

Wendy K said...

Okay, yeah I might do the target registry, and then remove items from it if someone gets something from somewhere else ahead of time. I just don't want people to think that they have to buy something new from Target instead of getting something from a thrift store.

Karen said...

Also, I don't know if Steve told you or not, but we have a bunch of really good condition baby girl clothes that we will bring with us when we come out in the summer (early July).