Monday, April 9, 2012

How I Spend My Time

Lately, I've been reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Each book is 800-or-so pages long. I started the first book shortly after my birthday or was it Christmas? Now I've just started the 6th book but think that I'm slowing down now.

For the past couple of days I've been practicing some vector calculus and I'm really enjoying it. Funny since I can't remember enjoying it much when I took it during a summer semester 7 years ago.

I'm tutoring math even more than ever and I am enjoying that also. My favorite students are my 9th and 10th graders taking algebra and algebra II. The most exciting subject for me to tutor is any of the college Calculus courses.

This year, I gave Crystal only a small birthday party and I gave Steve the bigger birthday party. In the 7 years of marriage, I had never given Steve a birthday party, partially because he hates big/long parties. But this year, he prompted the idea himself by suggesting that we invite his brothers over to share the cake. That's when I immediately started making the phone calls. For his cake, I followed the recipe for the "Red Waldorf" cake in the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook except that I left out the red food coloring called it "Brown Waldorf." Though the name doesn't sound too good, the cake was.


2 comments:

The Self's said...

My husband LOVES the Wheel of Time!

The Self's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.