Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yucky

I've been feeling relatively happy lately since I got an office mate at work. I've been getting up on time and everything. Steve and I have also been successfully praying every morning and reading scriptures together every night. It's been surprisingly easy too. Now I just need to do personal scripture study, visiting teaching, and cleaning the apartment. Forget the temple--unless I'm allowed to put snacks in my pocket and eat during the session. I get sick if I go for more than 1 hour without eating and feel feint if I go without drinking.

Yesterday evening, though, when I was done eating dinner, I suddenly started getting the urge to throw up. I thought that since I hadn't vomited since last Thursday, that I could keep it down. I should have learned by now that any attempt to ever keep down an oncoming vomit is futile. So, I lost control of course and started running to the bathroom. Even though our apartment is dinky, I didn't quite make it. I vomited through my hand and onto the kitchen floor, the walls, the bathroom door, all over the bathroom floor, on my foot, on my pants, and eventually in the toilet. And then I cleaned it all up. As far as I remember, that's never happened to me before. I've always successfully made it to the toilet or a throw-up pan until now.

I guess that I should start looking towards the 20 week mark in 3 weeks and hope that I'll be better by then.

3 comments:

Kim said...

FYI, I was a temple worker up until I was 8 months pregnant. You can bring a snack with you if you need to. In fact they have crackers, juice, and water in the rooms in case people need them during sessions. My concern was always potty breaks, so there are a lot of things you could do besides full sessions, just a thought. It gets more difficult to get to the temple after they come because you are still super busy, but then need to factor in childcare.

Wendy K said...

Oh good. But now I'm worried about those potty breaks.

Sari said...

At least the pregnancy is half over. The potty breaks are the easy part.