Monday, August 24, 2009

The Uncertain Future

If Steve doesn't get a new job, the backup plan is for him to keep is current job which pays about $34K full-time or $16/hr part-time and they would pay for grad school. The only problem with it is that, if he continues to work less than 40 hrs/week, it is not enough to cover our expenses. We would have to take from whatever I save up from my job. This money may keep us out of the hole for 15 months or so after I stop working when the baby comes. So, Steve would have to get a major raise before the money runs out and before we get kicked out of our apartment for over-occupying it.

If Steve gets a job that pays enough, we may be able to use my money to save up for a down-payment on a low-cost home. This is my ideal goal.

Otherwise, if we can't afford to rent a bigger apartment once we get kicked out of ours, we would have to move in with Steve's parents. Either that, or I have to return to work and stick our kid in day care.

Health update:

I'm still throwing up and losing weight. The medication that I was given never worked so I stopped taking it after a week. I'm down to 104.8 lbs (14 lbs total loss). I hope that it will get better in 2 weeks. By then, though, I'm afraid I'll be weighing at under 100 lbs. Getting tired of throwing up everything, I'm hating food more, and I'm running out of food options and so I'm crying a lot about it. I've been coming to work 2 hours late most days and am running out of sick-leave hours.

6 comments:

Lissa said...

wow, you have alot to figure out...I am so sorry about all the vomitting and weight loss!

Sari said...

I found that it was helpful to eat at other peoples houses...for some reason other peoples food options worked for me sometimes when my own didn't.

Wendy K said...

Hm, yes I agree to a point. We invited ourselves to Cindy and Cal's for a Sunday dinner and I ate my whole plate of spaghetti and meatballs and salad. But last Sunday, they weren't home because they were being naughty on the Sabbath.

Anonymous said...

Wendy, Here's some advice, but I hate getting pregnancy advice so I'm not saying who I am so you won't be mad at me for it. :)
I threw up a lot during my pregnancies. Did your dr. mention the unisom/vitamin B6 option? It is the only thing that has helped me and I have tried a lot of things. I still felt yucky, but not as yucky and I threw up a lot less. You can ask your dr. for the amounts to take, but I did 1 unisom tablet (has to be the tablet- not gel) with 100 mg B6. Half that dose in the morning, then a full dose at night to help me sleep. Also, I started drinking Ensure so that I could at least get some nutrients down. Chocolate was my favorite. It's good chopped with ice in the blender. I hope something helps or it goes away on its own. Good luck.

Wendy K said...

Okay whatever. You shouldn't worry about me getting mad. I hardly ever take anything personally. It is fun to speculate who you really are. I have an idea or two since only like 8 people read my blog. :P

I have an appointment scheduled for next week. Last time, the doctor wasn't really worried about it since I was only throwing up 1-2 times/day and holding some food down. I'm with Kaiser Permanente, and my doctor doesn't really give me any choice as far as medications but it still wouldn't hurt to ask, I suppose. I'm with KP because it basically was our cheapest option at $150/month for us.

I'm kind of wary about drinking chocolate ensure since that is what my last bowl of chocolate ice cream looked like when it ended up in the toilet. My husband already buys ensures for himself, so I could try one anyways. The I'm already dramatized by the chocolate ice cream, so being dramatized by ensure also wouldn't much of a new and dramatic experience.

Wendy K said...

Hmm... you had more than one pregnancy, you felt yucky and threw up, and you like blending ice with ensure. Cindy and I were wondering how a classroom teacher survives with vomiting. Do you have an answer for that?