Friday, June 12, 2009

FL Day 6: May 28

After leaving Fort De Soto, we drove past St. Petersburg and Tampa towards Silver River State Park in Ocala.

We arrive at Silver River State Park in Ocala and go on a short hike. I guess that we forgot to take a picture of our campsite here. On this hike, we saw two armadillos chasing each other. Armadillos are actually pretty cute.

Many parts of the trail were flooded. We found ways around but not without finding poison ivy rashes on our ankles afterword. Actually, we don't know from which of the hikes we got it.

Lastly, here's another cute picture of me showing my knees amongst the cypress knees. Big eyes!

This is the day when I started getting bored. I didn't want to do many more hikes because I got tired of splashing through the water, getting annoyed at flies and mosquitos, and walking through webs, so we started playing cards and reading back at the campsite. It feels great to have absolutely nothing to do and nothing to worry about.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You are too easily bored. I do have to admit that reading and playing cards does sound like fun and stress reducing.